Re: W1r2 - great!

 Hi Chris!

> I've been playing with TeSche's W1r2 for a couple of days now... quite a
> capable little window manager!  Of course, the documentation is a little
> sparse, but I've already written a small program to display an IMG file
> in a window... once I figure out what the x0,y0 and x1,y1 parameters are
> for w_putblock(), I'll release the code.

 They should be the source position ans the target position for the call in
case you don't want to do the complete bitmap or the target window is bigger
than it - obviously neither of these is true for your application, so I
think you've simply written 0 and are happy with it.

 However, the block stuff doesn't work for other displays than 'packed pixel'
(see how I've changed cpyrgt.c) so I may change this in future. Since I
haven't done a good deal for compatibility with previous versions this may
bring problems. Be warned about that.

> This is a 4M machine, too.  Suck on that, X.  :-)

 If you want an initial reason for the existance of W - that's it! :)

> 2) GNU EMACS runs, but makes the cursor flash _really_ fast; the status
>    line, which should be reverse-video, is underlined (so I suspect a
>    small bug in the TERMINFO and/or TERMCAP entry for this)
>
> 3) Elvis makes the cursor flash _really_ fast; I think I'll hack the
>    wterm source so it *never* flashes

 I've been reported this already, but we haven't yet figured out what's
happening there.

> Quite a good job though! I'm very impressed by this little GUI.

 Then wait for the next version (no promising date). :)

ciao,
TeSche