Re: W1r2 - great!

Simon Kagedal writes:

> Is there no 'standardized' way to do shared memory stuff, like POSIX or
> something?

 I would say the shmget/shmat/shmdt... calls are the standard. I was only
told they're from SysV, so I wouldn't bet on that - but it doesn't matter.
I've no idea on what POSIX says about that, but each time you stumble over
SHM - in X11, Linux kernel compilation et.al. - they're always refered to
as 'SysV IPC' and always look the same, even under BSD systems. Without
knowing any official specs I would say that's enough evidence.

ciao,
TeSche