Re: W1r2 binaries update

On Fri, 12 Jan 1996, Chris Herborth wrote:

> Ok, so I just won't shut up about W...  Anyway, the W binaries on my web
> pages have been updated slightly, thanks to Kay Roemer who sent me some
> patches.
>
> http://www.qnx.com/~chrish/Atari/MiNT/

    I've noticed that if the screen scrolls while W is running, somehow
W's notion of the screen scrolls along with it.  Ie, you can move windows
and the mouse off the upper edge of the screen, but you cannot get to the
lower edge.  This bug must have taken some PRETTY fancy programming to
achive!  Kudos.  Anyways, normally this isn't a problem, because W
catches console output.  However, it also prints a line or two of
diagnostic info when it first runs which screws up it's conception of the
screen if the cursor is on the bottom line of the screen when you start
W.  This could easilly be fixxed by sending a screen-clear VT code before
printing anything.

> --
> Chris Herborth, R&D Technical Writer       Arcane  Dragon     chrish@qnx.com
> QNX Software Systems, Ltd.                  -==(UDIC)==-         |||  JAGUAR
> http://www.qnx.com/~chrish/    DNRC Holder of Past Knowledge    / | \ 64-bit

Hmm...