Re: Why bother?

Simon Moore writes:
> Hello all
>
> I've been reading the messages on this mailing list for about 6 months
> now and was wondering what people actually use MiNT and it's various
> compnents for.
>
> I used to use MiNTnet and lynx (thankyou to whoever compiled Lynx) but
> since getting hold of a PC (a neccesary evil these days) I don't need
> to.

Hey put a `real' OS on it and enough RAM and a decent screen and
graphics card for X, and it isn't all _that_ evil... ;)

 Oh and avoid *IDE like the plague, use SCSI.  especially if your
building a new system ie its PCI...

> How about everybody else, what do YOU use MiNT for?
>
> Okay, so you've got a UNIX type system running, but what about real
> world applications (things other than porting programs and getting
> them to compile). I'd be very interested to know.

 Well if you really want to know...

 the mint box here is mostly my uucp spool/router, and (rarely but
it did happen) `emergency terminal' for my main box. (this system (486)
_is_ pretty stable under BSD, no comparison with eg windoze.)

> Please forgive me if I come across as a bit of a diskhead, it's late
> and I've been drinking but I'm just curious.
>

> p.s. anybody here using NETBSB?????

 i would (probably), if this atari had a mmu...

> Regards.
 cheers
	Juergen