Re: MiDI driver for MiNT-net?

>It might be possible to cook up a suitable encoding scheme to let us allow
>the MIDI ports to use their XON XOFF handshaking without disturbing their
>data. Even better, it would be nice to see MIDI become an ethernet-like
>broadcast device, so that boxes could be plugged in and plugged out and
>packets would travel to the right machines. I'd seriously consider
>sacrificing a lot of speed for that.

Ever consider a similar system to what you outlined above, except send the
network data encapsulated in the MIDI spec - so you'd have a maximum of
16 nodes (like MIDI), and regular MIDI data wouldn't be harmed.  You could
actually send network data as MIDI data from computer to computer and keep
all your keyboards working too - just tell the keyboards not to look at
anything but a single MIDI device number.

????