Re: TRAP #1 from TRAP #2?

In article <199607231753.NAA24586@goldfinch.cs.duke.edu>, dsb@goldfinch.cs.duke.edu (Scott Bigham) writes:

|> Once I hit the AES trap, I'm "inside the
|> kernel", so to speak.  I'm in supervisor mode instead of user mode.
|> I'm on the back side of a non-reentrant kernel interface.

That's wrong.  The AES and the GEMDOS are completely separated
interfaces.  How would the AES ever work if it can't make GEMDOS (or
VDI) calls?  Only when GEMDOS is already entered via TRAP #1 you
cannot enter it again.

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de              completely different"