Less important: MiNT installation problems.

Hi!

Just some problems I have installing MiNT. If you don't
have time for this, stop reading here.

I do not subscribe to this list (yet) but thought I
could maybe get some help here. I have downloaded the TAF
distribution of MiNT but he script (setup144) that
installs it fails to write directories.

First, minit.ttp -V -P -n 4 h, is executed. Everything
goes fine and a file system seems to have been created.

However, secondly, when "mkdir user" is executed, the
directory can't be created. I use a quite large partition,
210 MB on my external SCSI (Conner) drive. The drive has
the partitions E,F,G,H and I. H is to be used for MiNT.
I use version 5 of AHDI and my machine is a C-lab Falcon
mkII with 4 MB RAM and FPU (68881).

The error I get is, "can't make directory 'usr' : error".

Should I (sigh) repartition and use a smaller partition,
like 80 Megs or so ? Maybe it's the access right ? How do
I set these ? Do I have to set some access for the whole
file system as a whole ? Chmod is not part of the installation
programs so it should be possible to install without it.
However, mkdir has an option that sets access rights but that
option is not used in the installation script so I guess
it shouldn't be necessary.

If someone has the time and interest, please email:
Mikael.Hillborg@softlab.se with suggestions and/or
experiences.

thanks

/Mikael