Re: Making MiNTOS the underlying Atari Operating System

On Sat, 14 Sep 1996, Sven Karlsson wrote:

> Dynamically linked libraries does NOT need any VM at all in fact using
> dynamically linked libraries usually decreases memory usage. AmigaOS have had
> libraries (which is dynamically loaded) from the beginning. Dyn. loaded libs
> works like this..

I know all that - what about global variables that need to be referenced
either in the library or from the library?  The linking is the tough part.
If it were so easy, it would have been done by now!

VM and copy on write operations make sharing libraries a no-brainer.