Re: PPP @ 115200 bps (fwd)

Stefan Haake wrote:

> According to Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz:
>
> Hi,
>
> >> MiNT doesn't leave much of HSModem, I think.
> >> You may test HSMINST, look at ftp.uni-muenster.de/pub/atari/Mint/Devices.
> >
> >I have HSMINST installed, but it seems it can't reach more speed than
> >38400. Is there any way to speed up it?
>
> I don't use it much for quite a long time now. But I think, 115200 for
> Serail2 in Connect was no problem. But it was for a Modem, so I couldn't
> test with max speed.
> I'd like to test it, if anybody can help me setting up a SLIP connection
> to the WIN95 box... :-)
>
> Ciao, Stefan

Hey, there is an idea for a DIY.  Connecting an Atari to a Wintel 95
box.  Perhaps the guy that created the parallel connector could help.
Anything that allows Atari's to be connected to "mainstream" computers
is helpful.  Isn't it funny though, Atari 800's and Commodore 64's were
the mainstream until PC's caught up graphically and sonically  with the
buzz word; "multimedia".  Home/Hacker computers were that from day 1!

Still a little sinisizm (sp?)  Sorry guys, I couldn't help myself.

						Peter Ross