Re: PPP @ 115200 bps

>   Hi,
>
> I am having big troubles with PPP over my serial null-modem link between
> my AfterBurner and my 6x86 in MiNTOS. When the serial speed is set to
> 115200 bps, ftp's put file is very slow - only about 6000 cps, while get
> file locks completely. What's going on? Why is it so slow? In Linux-m68k
> the ftp speed is 10300 cps in both directions, and Linux is written in
> 'C'. I think that MiNT should be faster than Linux, so where could be the
> reason of so slow MiNT ppp?

MiNT is also written in 'C' however the problems you are facing are probably due
to the slow serial routines in TOS which MiNT uses. Have you tried using HSmodem
or another serial routine replacement?

BTW MiNT is rather slow in some cases. This is one of the reasons I began writing
Fenix.

Regards Sven