To: Reschke-FJR010 Julian
From: mb@tos.pl.net@INTERNET on Mit, 23. Apr 1997 7:10 Uhr
Subject: Re: Spin! -- a CD-ROM XFS

Hello,

Julian F. Reschke writes:
> in case nobody noticed: I've published a "free" CD-ROM XFS which
> runs on top of the MetaDOS XBIOS layer -- meaning that you need
> a working BOS driver to use it. It supports ISO9660, Rockridge,
> Joliet and Mac HFS CDs (and to some extent: audio CDs).

I just obtained this driver, and it appears to work very well on my TT030.

I have a question about the CD-ROM drivers in general, however, which I am
having great difficulty in finding an answer to. Seeing as you wrote a
driver, maybe you are able to help me.

None of the drivers that I have tried (Your Spin driver, MetaDOS, Extendos,
MiNT CDROM.XFS) seem able to read multisession discs. They all show the
first session, but I have been unable to read subsequent sessions. It
seems that the extra sessions have been written correctly since they are
readable on a PC using MSCDEX.

So maybe you can explain what the situation is over multisession. How can I
read multisession discs under TOS?

Any suggestions or explanations would be much appreciated.

Thankyou.

--
Mario Becroft                        Auckland, New Zealand
mb@tos.pl.net                 http://www.pl.net/user/mario      |\__/,|