Re: RE: VFAT.XFS versus MagiC

 >> Not affraid at all. I just wanna be able to read/write longnames
 >> in VFAT on floppies/ZiP drives formatted under Win95, without
 >> having to completely change my current hard-disk.
 >
 >VFAT32 is for very large partitions only (very large is > 512 MB). So you
 >actually don't need the VFAT32 for floppies and ZIP drives.
 >
 >> Hopefully, the trend of ZiP cartriges replacing floppies will
 >> finally give us a much better way, if ZiP becomes a standard
 >> device
 >
 >Yes, the much better way will be that only MagiC/BigDOS can read it. So
 >you'll be then lost completely. Remember the ZIP is 96 MB large so you
 >need the driver for >32 MB partitions?

Read yourself again;

first you say "VFAT32 is for large partitions of over 512 Mb"
 then you say "you need the driver for larger than 32"

Unless I miss something, you're contradicting yourself.

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
Atari TT030 4/24/50 NVDI 4.11, MiNT 1.14, GlueSTiK 0.2b4, AES 4.1
    "By the year 2000 we will, I hope, raise our children to
     believe in human potential, not God." -- Gloria Steinem