Re: VFAT.XFS ??

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Stefan Svensson wrote:

> Hi Martin-Eric!
>
> >Given that I often have to exchange data with customers on Win95,
> >I was looking for a VFAT.XFS so I could be 100% compatible.
>
> First, why do you need the same filesystem as Win95? Isn't it enough that
> you can support long filenames?

You obviously didn't read the original mail - he needs to read
VFAT-formatted disks. MinixFS can't do that ;-)

> Second, doesn't the other multitasting environment for Atari support VFAT?

If you're talking about MagiC, it does. But why spend $$ on MagiC when
MiNT/N.AES/AES 4.1 is so much better? Also, MinixFS, MiNTnet and the
rest of the real good stuff doesn't work with MagiC.

/*
**
*/