RE: VFAT.XFS versus MagiC

On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> I was playing with an idea of writting a TSR program for hooking on
> Fopen/Fcreate/Fsfirst/Fsnext under TOS but hopefully I realized soon it
> couldn't be done cleanly :-( Rewritting the filesystem code is better idea
> (but harder :-) Though we could use source code from Linux...

A very good idea! I haven been looking at some MiNT-docs today, and
the XFS-interface doesn't look very complicated. The problem is to
write the actual filesystem-code, but if it's possible to nick large
portions of it from Linux...

With totally rewritten code FAT32-partitions shouldn't be a problem
either, I guess they're already supported by Linux.

/*
**
*/