Re: Security stuff

> > I don't recall if the VDI vex_timv/butv/motv/curv call their vector routines
> > in supervisor mode, but they might.
>
> VDI does not matter, VDI is a part of GEM.

Personally, I don't really think all this protection is going to do much good
if we don't do something about GEM as well. At least I always run GEM
programs even when using MiNT.

What exactly _is_ the problem with GEM? Is it really something that all the
new AESes, VDIs and desktops can't do something about?
Does MiNT itself disallow other TRAPs than the bios, xbios and gemdos ones
(if so, why?) from non-root processes or what?

--
  Chalmers University   | Why are these |  e-mail:   rand@cd.chalmers.se
     of Technology      |  .signatures  |            johan@rand.thn.htu.se
                        | so hard to do |  WWW/ftp:  rand.thn.htu.se
   Gothenburg, Sweden   |     well?     |            (MGIFv5, QLem, BAD MOOD)