Re: Porting ssh

> I'm trying to port ssh 1.2.21 here, but have encountered a few (to say
> the least...) problems. The main problem now is that I can't compile
> the GNU MP library, 'aclocal', 'autoconf', 'automake' and 'autoheader'
> seems to be missing. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to porting
> unix-stuff, can anybody enlighten me here?

This is really a coincidence, we just installed ssh here on our Sun
platforms *today* (and no, I didn't do it myself so I can't give any
further hints).

autoconf is a seperate tool from GNU. I think the others are part of
it. As I heard from our system administrator, you'll also need perl5
and a new version of m4. These are rather large packages themselves
and not easy to install.

ssh has also some support for different window systems, but I hope it
will configure correctly when no window system is available.

So installing ssh is no simple task and I wish you luck.

Bye,

  Hartmut

|  Hartmut Keller         |  Internet: keller@informatik.uni-stuttgart.de |
|  Breitwiesenstr. 20-22  |  "If there's only one reason to live in this  |
|  70565 Stuttgart        |   world, I'll find it!"      (All About Eve)  |