Re: memory protection

> That's virtual memory. A true virtual machine like the IBM VM
> architecture is capable of running several machines in parallel (time
> slotted). It can be viewed as a very advanced kernel.

You can exchange configuration every tick and so kept separate
contexts/virtual machines. Perhaps I don´t understand you. Can you tell
me anything 68030 can't do about this issue?. You could, for example,
run several virtual machines, each running a different O.S. (an old
dream of mine, you know :). Hardware arbitration is a big issue but VM
helps a lot.

> If one stick to that definition the 030 is not a virtual machine
> although it is pretty close.

Explain, please.