Re: memory protection

> |> Actually teh memory protection mechanism in MiNT is not very useful and
> |> it somehow makes me think its done wrong. So it would be another bug in
> |> MiNT to fix. Why do I think so? Because the MP makes the system less
> |> stable instead of more stable. Many "non-MP-aware" programs lead the
> |> system to crash instead of getting killed.
>
> Broken software deserves to be broken.  Any program that crashes due to MP
> is simply broken, because it accesses memory it doesn't own.  There is no
> excuse for this.

Broken software yes, but I actually wrote above that the broken software
may bring down the whole system when memory protection is enabled ("Fatal
MiNT error..." etc). What shouldn't occur at all.

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail:draco@mi.com.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** aut servit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur (Liv. XXIV, 25)
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.