Re: Bug in minixfs

>Bernd Ebert <ebertbd@tick.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de> writes:
>
>|> It seems as if there is a bug in the minixfs: Is somebody out there able
>|> to delete a file larger than 64mb (for e.g. 96mb)?
>
>Here is a patch:
>
>-     tmp2 = q->buffer;
>+     tmp2 = r->buffer;

Yesterday I wanted to compile new minixfs, patched with the lines above
provided by Andreas. But before I start compiling I found in
/usr/src/minixfs/ an interesting README file. It says that KGMD actually
uses a "modified binary version of minixfs" where this bug (and several
others) were already fixed.

OK, so I was happy I didn't have to compile minixfs. Just for sure I created
120 MB long file in /tmp and tried to rm it. What a surprise! rm throwed bus
error and my minix partition got corrupted (about 77 thousand errors in
bitmap).

So my question: does anybody remember if the minixfs in KGMD is really
patched with the patch provided in /usr/src/minixfs/? If it is, there's yet
another bug in minixfs causing bus error...

Petr