Re: Status of PL48 Was: gcc-as 2.5.1

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Katherine L Ellis wrote:

> At last, has anyone tried to recompile the simple init or login from
> mintos?   (with -Wall), I could but TOO many warning like function not
> even found, (implicit blah). I truely believe that login and init are
> not clean, and therefore shows problem with some machine or setup.
> A clean port of these, and might as well port the latest login.
> But again, I couldn't because of syslog being too weak to be flexible.

A few months ago I fiddled with the mintos distribution, to see
what I could recompile with MiNTlib PL47.  I did manage to
recompile login, but init died a horrible death.  I think
whoever would clean up mintos and bring it up to date wrt
MiNTlibs and gcc 2.7.x, would do us all a great favour.

That probably would be a good way to get started toward a
renewed MiNT distribution.

Yves
__
When the trees are seen to be moving the enemy is advancing.
                                              Sun Tzu 9:20