Re: LAN-port (Falcon) under MiNT

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

>   I'm having problems with the LAN-port under MiNT. If I just copy some
>
> That reminds me of my recent post about MiNT messing up the MIDI port,
> even though it used to work correctly before with ConNect. However, I
> cannot use ANY port correctly under MiNT. I *would* use HS-Modem, but
> on my Stacy it seems MiNT (especially MiNTnet) and HS-Modem cannot be
> running at the same time;  I can use ConNect with MFP/MIDI modules in
> single-TOS, but *none* of the HS-Modem modules work with MiNT:  they
> freeze MiNT at bootup while loading SOCKDEV.XDD and SLIP.XIF which
> sounds very similar to Josk's problem above.

Modem2 works fine with HS-Modem/MiNT, so does the MIDI-ports. The problem
occurs onlyk with the LAN-port.

BTW. your problem (MiNT freeze when loading MiNTnet) is probably caused by
running HS-Modem *after* MiNT. I know this contradicts the docs, but
HS-Modem *must* run before MiNT.

/*
** Jo Even Skarstein   http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~josk/
**
**   beer - maria mckee - atari falcon - babylon 5
*/