Re: gluestik and cab.ovl > 1.2704 crashes

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Bernd Ebert wrote:

> Not necessarily. When using cab.ovl for Mintnet I can't get email to work,
> also authentication is not working properly (at least with my nt-server
> (intranet). Perhabs this is a Problem with my hades060. Some gif-s are not
> downloaded completely (white stripes inside of them) and I can't use the
> ovl with ssl compiled in.

Well I haven't tried the SSL version, but then the STiK overlay doesn't
support SSL at all AFAIK. Authentication and email worked fine for me in
the MiNTNet overlay. I don't know why you are having a problem.

Perhaps if you explained the details of the problem someone could help.

> PS: If somebody would tell me how I could get email to work then I would
> perhabs change to the mintnet-ovl. But there is another reason: Gluestik
> is a fine piece of software and very useful for e.g. to run newsie with it.
> It would be very bad if there is a bug in gluestik.

Whether you like it or not, GlueSTiK has too many problems. Listen sockets
don't work right, it seems to fail when multiple connections are open, and
it seems just generally unstable. Although I haven't tried the new
"GlueSTinG" yet.

But I too hope that GlueSTiK can be made to work well. Although I hardly
ever have to use STiK apps, it's certainly handy occasionally.

--
Mario Becroft                        Auckland, New Zealand
mb@tos.pl.net                    http://www.pl.net/~mario/      |\__/,|   (`\