Re: Supervisor mode & multitasking

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Petr Stehlik wrote:

>Why the hell a desktop needs to switch my operating system into single
>tasking mode?
compatibility reason. I 100% agree with konrad.
This is an option very useful. DO you use old software that will leak
through the desktop, or crash the system because of that? I do, and
having singletasking mode will allow me to stay in mint for hours
without rebooting.

>>I also thought about expanding Pexec() for that - i.e. launch program in
>>single mode. Comments?
>
>It sounds like MiNT goes to MagiC. What are the advantages of starting a
>program in single mode? Everyone can reboot to SingleTOS if he/she needs a
>single mode...
Mint goes to magic, I think in life you gotta be intelligent, MiNT to
magic is a long way that I don't even want to know about, I don't want
mint as instable as magic, losing the FAT of my C partition, don't
want to loose mintos, don't want to loose minix, don't want to loose
minix partition, etc etc.
However If magic has an interesting option, why not have it too? Where
is the problem in having an inteesting option? which of course YOU
might not need, but others might.

Thanks :)
Email:Kellis@primenet.com
Web http://www.primenet.com/~kellis/