Re: many

> somewhere similar for my CAB cache. It fails to create the structure if I
> try to use _any_ other minixfs path other than /tmp. I've made
> /var/tmp/WWW-CACHE `sticky` - just like /tmp (drwxrwxrwt) but it doesn't
> make the slightest bit of difference. And even when I use /tmp, CAB 2.5 +
> Howards latest overlay _still_ doesn't use long filenames. :-( Any ideas?

Try to use a cache dir located in your home directory. You'd need to set
everything like login does (if you don't start GEM from login) in MINT.CNF
file, like

USER=root
LOGNAME=root
HOME=/home/root

etc, then CAB will use /home/root as the base dir, then no problems making
cache dir inside...

Gtx,
K.