Re: LAN hardware handshaking

On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> Some time ago Jo pointed out that hardware handshaking for LAN doesn't
> work under MiNT. My docs say nothing about that, but I heard from some
> Linux people here that Falcon LAN lacks hardware handshaking at all. Could
> someone verify that?

I would be surprised if that is the case, as the RTSa/CTSa-pins on the
SCC definelately is connected to the 422-driver. And I have
successfully used handshaking with CoNnect under TOS and MagiC...

However, you *must* use a proper cable (232->422), as the 422
handshaking is a bit different from 232 (422 is electrically
balanced).

/*
**
*/