Re: Unlinking vectors

> <speculation>
> Just a thought:
>
> MiNT doesn't "know" about processes started before it (TSRs), and
> can't control them either. But processes started *after* MiNT are
> childs of MiNT, and under the kernel's control. Can this have
> something do to with MiNT's desire to unlink old exception-vectors?
> Some sort of security/recovery-thing?
> </speculation>
>
> I don't know the details in the MiNT-kernel, so this is (as pointed
> out) purely speculations.

Actually, I know *one* case when MiNT is unlinking all installed vectors
arbitrarily. Namely, this is the case when MiNT quits. And this case
applies only to TSR programs installed *after* MiNT. In other words,
when MiNT quits, it restores the state of vectors from the time before it
was loaded.

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail:draco@bl.pg.gda.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/

** Quem Iuppiter vult perdere, dementat prius.
** Kogo Jowisz chce zgubic, temu wpierw rozum odbiera.