Re: MiNT and Milan

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> Yes, this is applied in pl 7.

Fine, but I found out that copy-back is not running stable, depending on
different things. for e.g. cat is crashing with cb enabled...
Anyway, this gives me no big headache, because the speed increase of cb is
not very big.

> xbios.c accesses the hardware in Rsconf() apparently in order to
> workaround some bug in TOS. That's the only place where xbios.c does this
> (i.e. it _was_ the only place... before I inserted there the Sync-error
> patch for Videl, works fine, by the way).
>
> bios.c also does that, right (i am looking to the sources right now).
> Besides, as of version 1.14.6 the kernel also accesses MFP when
> Ssystem(TIOCMGET,...) is called. I just moved this part from MiNT libs
> (ioctl.c) to avoid switching to supervisor there. I realize that's rather
> a quick hack.

I remember that there should be a third place where the scc is accessed
directly. I`m going to go over my own docs this evening.
It would be great if this could be fixed to make sure that Mint is not
trying to access any serial hw directly.

cu,
	Bernd