Re: TZ autochanging question

 >At 6:47 Uhr +0200 02.04.1998, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
 >>Kellis and I just noticed today that MiNT's internal time is
 >>1 hour earlier than our RTC.  After a while, it occured to us
 >>that next weekend is when we change the time.
 >>
 >>Two questions:
 >>
 >>1) Why did it change today instead of next saturday?
 >
 >Because you live in the wrong timezone:-)
 >In Germany we already have Summertime (the rain is warm) since last sunday.
 >Maybe your TZ information is wrong.

Nope. my TZ info is correct. I live in EST5EDT and I've defined it
correctly everywhere.

 >>2) Why weren't the GEMDOS time and RTC clock updated too?
 >
 >I don't know if GEMDOS knows about timezones.

GEMDOS doesn't but the auto-daytaime thing in MiNT should know
better and update the RTC chip to match the timechange.

 >The MintLib is responsible for this.
 >The RTC should always be set to UTC.

Thanks for the info. :)

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
 Unsollicited material will be proof-read for $100 USD per word,
 payable within 10 days.  Submission of your advertisement to my
 address constitutes your formal acceptance of these terms.
 <TITLE><BLINK><H1>No HTML Messages Please!</H1></BLINK></TITLE>