Bash, Lynx and even more

On Sat, 4 Apr 1998, Juhani Sivusalo wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I just compiled Bash-2.01.01 but there is one (hopefully minor?)
> bug in it; After prompt CR (\13) is treated as LF , not CR/LF
> as it should be ... All tests seem to work OK,
> only (\13)
>      this (\13)
>           annoying (\13)
>                    bug (\13)
>                        is (\13)
>                           there
>
> And it happens only after prompt.
>

> What should I do ... ?

Did not had this problem. Maybe something with UNIXMODE ? My problem is the
job control. Can't escape with Control-Z without running into a deadlock.
I checked several things like if wait and signals and all this stuff are
used right but I haven't come to a solution yet. How did you do it? Or did
you compiled it straight out the box? Configuration?

> PS.
>
> I made "instant copy" of Lynx-2.7.2 and it can be found from
> following URL; (not visible on page)
>
> http://www.netppl.fi/~jasivu/files/lynx-2.7.2-mint.tgz
> Defaulf location for lynx.cfg is /usr/local/lib in this port.
>
> I tried to compile Lynx 2.8 also but it doesn't fit in to my
> 14 Mb falcon anymore. LYMainloop.c is just too big :(

Tried with -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer, right :o) Well, I will put out one in
the next days. BUT I did not take the time to create a own character
translation table for atari. That's because I don't need one as I'm using
a ISO latin character set under W :o) (hi Eero).
By the way, the executable is over 900 KB now. Did someone take a
look at the source and have a suggestions how to make a light version of
it except throwing the character translation tables out? I know, some
people would be very happy about that.

Also there will be Apache 1.2.6 and bzip2, an execellent packer. It is
slower than gzip, but has better packing results, e.g. Netscape source
code about 8 MB with gzip and about 6 MB with bzip2.

jps