Re: Kernel 1.14.7 available

> So do I take it correctly that the sync bug IS a videl prob, but that mint
> 1.14.7 "patches" that? In that case I understand why also some vconsds
> claim to fix the sync bug, like Anders' megapatch. I do use it, and I
> still have a "small sync bug" when I go to a vcon when the aes is in 256
> colors. But it's only one or two pixels off. This was both with mint
> 1.14.6 and mint 1.14.7.

The sync bug is a Videl hardware problem, which can be worked around with
"proper" way of settings the Videl registers. Anders' megapatch vcon
patches this bug for 640x480/2 (and derivatives) but it gave me syncbugs
for ST-High instead (I boot my computer in ST-High). As of "small sync
bugs", I have something like this all the time on vcons. There's a tiny, 1
pixel vertical line on the right side of the screen. Its easily visible,
because it is white, while the rest of the screen (except the text ;)) is
black. It seems it has nothing to do with usual GEM console resolution
(800x608/16).

Gtx,

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.