Re: Toggle B

Hi!

On Wed, May 20, 1998 at 10:38:25AM -0400, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> VERY interresting, especially since HD-Driver 5.13 cannot seem
> to find drives that were not present when the driver was installed.
>
> For instance, I just added my old ST-157 through the TT's SCSI port
> (changed the ID to #1) and rebooted. It's not detected, but if I
> try AHDI, it sees it fine.

Well, if you configure HDDRIVER not to scan id #1, it won't check it,
even if a drive is present on that id. You can of course configure
HDDRIVER to scan all ids, but this means a noticable slowdown as it has
to wait for a timeout for each id currently not used.

Unpachted AHDI isn't very smart, as it stops searching for connected
drives as soon as it encounters an empty id. In your case, it won't even
find the drive with id #1, if there isn't one with id #0.

Ciao

Thomas

--
Thomas Binder (Gryf @ IRCNet)  gryf@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de