Re: filesystem development...

On Wed, 20 May 1998 23:37:34 +0000, johnnie ligotage wrote:

jl>Outside of gem, currently, old tosfs appear lowercase - which I
jl>personally prefer, but this is wrong - should be uppercase.

etc etc

Please note that VFAT is a strange fs. It actually is not case
sensitive, but case preserving fs. I don't have Win95 handy, but I
believe you can't store two files named "Hi" and "hI" in the same dir -
the latter should replace the former one.

That means we don't have to do anything for backward compatibility,
because if program searchs for "HI", it should get "Hi" or "hI" as well.

As for filename completion on TAB, that's another problem.

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer
   WWW: http://cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz/~stehlik/              MiNTOS/Linux user