Newbie questions

</LURK>

Okay, folks, I've finally gotten my system to get to the login phase
where I can login as various users, log out, login again, etc., just
like real UNIX.  :^)

Now could some kind soul(s) please answer a few questions for me:

1.  I get repeated complaints about the nonexistence of /pipe/log .  I
tried mknod to create a pipe there, but got an error (maybe inappropriate
ioctl?).  Also, syslogd complains about no /dev/log device.  Do I need
to create both or only one, and how do I create it/them?

2.  I'm still running 1.12.x (from KEMD installation).  How is upgrading
to 1.14.x performed?  Just slap the new kernel in place & reboot?  Or is
it sensitive to changes in the binary while it's running?

Eventually I'd also like to get GEM/AES (Geneva?) running on top of MiNT,
but I can wait until I get more basic stuff working.

Many thanks in advance!  Emailing me directly, instead of replying to
this list, would probably be preferable for everybody else.  ???

<LURK>

--
			--Michael

Michael Hill   <><  Isaiah 9:6 | "Give me one more chance to do things right
Michael_Hill@csgsystems.com    |  Just one more chance, I'll follow the light
Aerospace/Software Engineer    |  But there's no second chances, the Host of
CSG Systems, Inc.              |  heaven cried/ No second chances, you listened
http://www.qadas.com/~msh      |  to lies!"   --Whitecross, "No Second Chances"
---In a marketplace (like the one of ideas), not everything has equal value!---
Did you ever notice that everybody in favor of abortion has already been born?!