Re: Mirroring to Mich. and Fido.

Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

>  >With the current fury of  Atari activity (namely with MiNT),
>  >maybe it would be good to send a copy of the files to Umich.
>
> I think ftp.funet.fi is a better choice, as a Piwo alternative.
> The maintainer of the Atari section is a reader of this list.
>
> (Funet is undergoing yearly system maintainance, though, so
>  he currently has no access to his MiNT list messages)
>
> Should it be an exact mirror of Piwo's MiNT section, though?

You're right, Funet would be better, but adding new entries from Piwo.  There
are probably Atari programs (all types) being uploaded to FTP and BBS's
around the world.  If only there were a way that all new files would be
indicated by the author in the announcement newsgroup.  If it were done an a
formatted way, with discription and links to FTP, WWW or BBS sites with
indication of country location, then we could have something to the effect of
AmiNet or the Mac community's Info-Mac Archive.  With a search engine, and
recent file break downs.  I guess this would have to be done on a University
computer, then other countries would have mirrors of this.

Peter