Re: Minix partition assignment

> MINIT.DOC (the documentation of minixfs) suggests to use 'MIX' instead
> of 'RAW' - dunno why. Though 'MIX' partition is not found by minixfs (as
> Jan told me). If it's true then there's a bug either in MINIT.DOC or
> more probably in MINT.PRG (or MINIX.XFS) itself. It should be fixed so
> MiNT would find 'MIX' partition. First, it is documented to work this
> way, second it's suggested by XHDI standard (IIRC) and third it's more
> logical than to assign the 'RAW' to minixfs partition ('RAW' should be
> used for really raw data such as database space :-)

In general all IDs other than GEM or BGM mean "not a GEMDOS partition". But
it's up to the specific HDD driver what to do with such partitions. Normally
they're not mounted anyway - and that's a problem for MinixFS since it only
searches drives known to the BIOS. So the best thing is to choose a partition
ID ((nearly) no matter which one) that is known to the HDD driver but not given
free for "normal" GEMDOS access.