Re: vconsoles-0.9

On Tue, 12 May 1998, Petr Stehlik wrote:

>KLE>Would it be possible that IF /etc is not accessible when writing the
>KLE>new registers, that it would save it in current dir?
>
>already done (search for vconsoles-0.9a, file ttyvdeva.lzh)
cool :) thanks

>KLE>2) would it be possible to assign colors AS argument to vconsd?
>
>no, it's useless
why useless? I can't stand white on black, oh well, I guess I am the
only one, that's ok :) I thought it would be a viable option
concerning any screen related program.

>run 'reset' program, or use the echo 'colorseq' as suggested.
hm reset just doesn;t do anything, how do you use this program?
doesn't seem to take any argument, if yes, --help didn't help and no
manual about it. how could I know?
echo colorthingy doesn't work. either with ALT 27, or CTRL V (then
esc), or press ESC etc.
what I meant was, in the case you didn't follow exactly what I meant:
if vdo_falcon, black_col=xxxxxxxxxxx white_col=xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I had to edit that and recompile, so it works fine now, I have a
yellow text on a blue background. I thought it was pretty handy to be
able to access these from arguments to vconsd.
can you set blue back and yellow text from color seq to your vcons?

>KLE>3) you might want to apply Artbl patch on the next ttydev (he redid
>
>I haven't seen such patch to vcons (yet?).
not released, normal.

congrats again for ttydev
Email:Kellis@primenet.com
Web http://www.primenet.com/~kellis/