Re: VFAT kernel considerations

Hi!

>    The problem I have with completely eliminating TOSFS is because
>    I consider C: as a "compatibility" partition.  Several old apps
>    implicitely expect finding FILENAME.EXT even though filename.ext
>    should be acceptable, because the code uses uppercase filenames.

Please note: the new xfs is not a VFAT xfs. It is a FAT based filesystem
that also support (optionally and configurable) Microsoft's VFAT
extension and FAT32.

And yes, the doc's are not complete and there are some problems with
upper/lowercase handling.

>    Therefore, I strongly recommend keeping C: as TOSFS only.

Yes.

> 2) The good ol' GEMDOS/MiNT case conversion rule.
>
>    Since enabling VFAT on A, I notice files are always written as
>    lowercase, even though I might have copied from a TOSFS drive.

That make your desktop.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--