Re: RESET vector in MiNT

On Mon, 4 May 1998, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> > Exactly my thoughts. So could we remove the reset vector stuff since the
> > next (beta) release and watch people if it makes any problems?
>
> Didn't Jo do such a test, then said it _didn't_ work after the reset patch
> removal?

Yep. I disabled the code that installs the new reset-vector, and it was
worse than ever ;-) Usually I can do a software-reset without problems,
but pressing the reset-button just leaves me with a black screen. Without
MiNT's reset-handler I got the black screen with all resets.

However, I didn't examine the code that closely, it could be that there is
other stuff that must be removed or patched as well.

/*
** Jo Even Skarstein   http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~josk/
**
**   beer - maria mckee - atari falcon - babylon 5
*/