Re: GEM and memory protection

> |> The better solution would be to protect the shell against being killed
> |> because of a faulty AV-client.
>
> Accessing it in supervisor mode should do it.  In supervisor mode you can
> access all memory attached to any process.

That would be less or more the same as setting all GEM applications to
global by default. Besides, I'd like to get rid of switches to supervisor
except when *really* necessary.

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.