Re: Newbie Mint Questions

On Mon, 11 May 1998, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

>  >I can't see anything wrong in using the Falcon's facilities,
>  >especially when it's so easy as in this case.
>
> Focus:  to concentrate one's attention upon a specific object.
>
> In this case, working mostly on improvements that benefit only Falcon
> users and virtually abandon ST/TT in recent developments...
>
> Recently, I saw ONE brief mention of Stacy hardware not being asserted
> correctly at bootup, but otherwise that's it.  All recent improvements
> seem to focus on Videl patches of some sort...

I don't think you're fair here. Petr has done some improvements to
vcons to get higher resolutions on the Videl. Konrad has added a small
(just a few lines of code) patch in MiNT to work around a bug in the
Videl. These are the only Falcon-spesific things that has been done to
MiNT/MiNTOS lately, almost all effort goes into general improvements
in MiNT that benefits all users (new TOSFS, better memory-handling,
security...).

/*
**
*/