Re: 1.15 kernel ;-)

On Fri, 15 May 1998, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> It is sort-of publicly available for persons who want to test it
> (binary only).

I've tried it, but had some rather weird experiences with it that
prevents me from using it at this stage of development...

* It's possible to have several files with the same name. I copied a
file (PAPYRUSG.APP) to the same directory and called it "Papyrus.app".
The problem was that the new file wasn't executable... I tried to
rename it to "PAPYRUS.PRG" and "PAPYRUSG.PRG", but I still couldn't
run it. Then I renamed it to "PAPYRUSG.APP", and suddenly I had two
identical files in the same directory...

* I also tried the same with "LINES.APP", and renamed it to
"Lines.prg". It started fine, no problems there. Then I tried to
rename "PAPYRUSG.APP" to "Papyrus.prg" again, and when I tried to
start it it started "Lines.prg"...

My setup:
* Falcon with Afterburner and Nova.
* N.AES 1.1.7