fatal error handling

Today, while reading some documentation about a MiNT port,
I ran accross an interresting suggestion from the author:

  "Although this port works fine on my machine, It might be
   a good idea to recompile MiNT so that when a fatal error
   occurs, MiNT automatically reboots."  [ie:  coldboot]

Further to this, it would be nice if MiNT wrote an error log,
to help track the cause, after rebooting, IMHO.

The approach I would enjoy is:

   1) screen goes black
   2) an error message appears:

      pid 0 (MiNT) fatal error at "blah blah..."
      Read error log /c/kernel.err for details.

      Press any key.
      System will now reboot...

I am not sure which parts of MiNT need to be changed for this
(maybe an external TOS application that uses straight VT52 ?),
but it sounds like a proper way to handle a system crash.

Any ideas how to accomplish this?

Martin-Eric Racine         # The Atari TT030 Homepage with FAQ #
FUNKYWARE CREATIONS inc.   http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk/TT030/