Re: fatal error handling

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:55:34 +0200 (CEST), Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

JES>> > Speaking of reset, would it be possible to always have the
JES>> > reset-handler in ST-RAM? Both MiNT and MagiC has problems with
JES>> > resets on the Afterburner (and all other kinds of alternate RAM which
JES>> > TOS doesn't automatically recognise) when MiNT runs in fastRAM.
JES>>
JES>> Load MiNT to ST-RAM.
JES>
JES>Well, since my 32Mb of fastRAM is about 10 times as fast as my 4Mb of
JES>ST-RAM this really isn't a solution... How hard would it be to relocate
JES>the reset-handler to ST-RAM?

You forgot the reset handler could be easily avoided on TOS > 1.x
machines. BTW, I use a simple program named COLDBOOT.PRG that is started
>from MINT.CNF and makes the reset_magic variable invalid, IIRC. This way
the button reset always works. And it's the same like MiNT did not
install any reset handler.

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer