Re: gcc 2.8.1 - ported!

Hi,

Mikko Larjava wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, LE COAT Francois wrote:
>
> > I have the GAS version comming from the archive gas-29.lzh.
> > I suspect it't 2.9, and that it should assemble 680x0 family
> > including 68060. Am I wrong ?
>
> The problem probably is that gcc doesn't pass the -m68060 flag for the
> assembler. Something wrong with the specs file or it is missing or?

I think you are right. What suprise me is that in the specs file,
there no mention of -m68060 or something like that. Anayway, about
all discutions about the -m6888[1-2] option ; it is not working
at all. In case of non presence of a coprocessor on 040 or 060
there should be a software emulator in LINE F that do the job.
I'm the author of such an emulator for HADES 060, that emulate
non implemented floating point instructions on this processor.
MEDUSA has also done one that is similar.
What I think, is that there should be reference to the 060
processor in the specs file. GCC 2.8.1 is producing code
for the 060, and produces correct assembler code. GAS 2.9
assemble 060 code, so it should be correct. I think, the
problem comes from the link between them, and arguments passing.
This is the job of the specs file. Is there something to do ?
I'm not familiar with the syntax of this file. Any idea ?

Thanks for all,
Bye for now ...

-- Francois LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer 3D modeller)
E-mail : mailto:lecoat@ief.u-psud.fr
WEB : http://www.ief.u-psud.fr/~lecoat