Re: _FINAL_ release MiNTlib PL48

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> Hi Yves,

Hello Petr

> final version of pl48 about three times using "make l020short". It
> always crashed with "internal gcc error" while compiling a module
> (getpid.c and others close to this one).

Hmm.  I recompiled getpid.c without problems on my side.  I also
recently built a 020 version of the lib without problems.

> Alert.ACC listed bus error (or something) in cpp at PC=11D9E while the
> other addresses of that app were at about 20 MB (in other words, it
> crashed outside of cpp). Interesting is that at 0x11D9E can't be
> anything, perhaps HDDRIVER only (it's very low memory address).

Could it be a problem with the physical memory itself? :-/

> Then I switched to pre-pl48 and compiled the lib without any problem using
> the same "make l020short".

That's odd, because there is no difference between pl47 and 48
getpid.c

> I just hope it will be fixed when I switch to gcc-2.8.1

Me too. Let me know.

Oh, and there is now an m68020-40 binary of the lib at my ftp
site. ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ypell

Yves