Re: proper mail headers

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

>  >>From: q-funk@megacom.net (Martin-Eric Racine)
>  >           ^^^^^^
>  >
>  >No, *this* explains it.
>
> Quoted-printable is a kludge for old 7-bit systems that don't
> understand anything above 127, to allow them to still display
> accented stuff if needed.  It's outdated and innapropriate.

Every modern fully equipped emailer can understand quoted printable, and
it's certainly not outdated. Furthermore, "CLI-emailers" (which is a
very poor way to describe Pine) are not outdated, Pine is certainly
more up to date than Newsie. And using text-based programs is something
that is still done and still supported and developped, and I would
especially expect users of a Unixy OS to understand that. Now can we stick
to postings that are really mint-related?

Thanx :)

Maurits.

---

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

          Maurits van de Kamp (maurits@bassment.demon.nl)

    _____    B A S S M E N T   P R O D U C T I O N S     _____
  /     /\\     >> http://www.bassment.demon.nl <<     /     /\\
|      \/   |   / Black Currant                  \   |      \/   |
|   /\      |  |             bc@bassment.demon.nl |  |   /\      |
 \ /=/     /   |  Purple Trance                   |   \ /=/     /
  \\/____ /     \            pt@bassment.demon.nl/     \\/____ /