Re: tty direct connet login FIXED

 >> For the last several months, I have been fighting a login problem on
 >> on a TT030 with direct connected terminals.
 >> I looked at the source for his Getty and the KGMD modified Getty.
 >> The KGMD getty was modified to make window login work better, but
 >> made tty logins not work in 8 bit mode.

That might explain why I never succeeded in connecting the Stacy to
my TT through nullmodem. Seems anytime MiNTos and HS-Modem are booted
together, Stacy locks dead on bootup. Then again, booting without the
HS-Modem package results in too many lost characters, so both of the
serial ports of the Stacy are currently useless under MiNT.

A friend who tried running STinG on his Stacy reports similar problems,
though, so I'm begining to wonder if the hardware design of the Stacy
isn't bugged to begin with...?

 Martin-Eric Racine           The Atari TT030 Homepage with FAQ
 FUNKYWARE CREATIONS inc.     http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/