RE: fputc

> The problem is with non-MiNT systems.
>
> Quoting Christian,
>
> "If a program do output via fputc() and you run it unter !MiNT
> (plain TOS or MagiC) it produces wrong new-lines.
>
> >From a printf("hello\nhello\n") you get this:
>
>    hello
>         hello"
>
> This feature caused on the patch which you have added to fputc() on 4. Jan
> 1998. Before you have add this patch the behaviour of \n depends on UNIXMODE:
> if it was not set you got only \n but if you set UNIXMODE=b you got \r\n.
> Why do you have change this thing?? "
>
> End quote
>
> The way fputc was before, (systematically inserting \r before
> all lone \n), still seems wrong to me...  but I would revert to
> if it were the only way to go.

I can sort of answer why this patch was done: because Unix programs didn't
like the CR/LF sequence and for example asmtrans.ttp kept inserting CRLF
anywhere it could. What wasn't tolerated by the gas 2.5.1.

The question is what is more important: proper behaviour under MiNT or
perhaps under some non-MiNT systems.

Gtx,

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |
|http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.