MUD outline was Re: Documentation

Hiyah!

Hmmmm! Clarification required.

What I plan to do with MUD is this:

720k sized chunks making up a "basic" configuration, also available as a
single block. (This allows ST owners to download @werk/college/school and
take them home...) This will contain the basic options for a working MiNT
setup, WITH networking, ie email and w3. I will definitely include
pine/lynx/ncftp and I see no problems making provision for (an already
installed) CAB as the GEM-based web browser. It will also include
man-pages and Maurits documentation. NO source code.

There will be a compiler package - possibly including source code - maybe
not, a W package, an X11R? package???, a GEM-init package, and any other
packages the mint-list deems to be required. All in 720k chunks and as a
whole.

I have an idea for a very versatile, GEM installer, that is simplicity
itself, but an idea is all it is at the moment. Please wait for details as
I think most of you will like it's versatility.

To reiterate, all this will be based on an HFS-compliant filesystem, so if
anyone out there wants to recompile, please have this in mind.

When I have a moment to myself, long enough to add to my w3 pages, I will
let this list know of more details.

Appologies for the silence: my girlfiend and my car have been very
demanding for the last month...

Salut/.

J/.
__