Re: Updating to latest MiNT kernel

Hello Mario!

> After using an old kernel for some time, I decided to get the latest MiNT
> kernel and try it out.
>
> Is there anything I should know about updating from 1.14.6 or so to the
> 1.15 r3.0? I seem to remember reading something about having to update the
> minixfs driver as well. Will it trash my minix filesystems if I don't, or
> what?

No, you can use every minixfs version you like.

Advantage from minix 0.70: it use MiNT 1.15 internal cache managment -> one
global filesystemcache.
Disadvantage: doesn`t support mounting/unmounting

> Anything else I should know?

Default FAT filesystem is the old TOSFS. NEWFATFS can be activated
optional for each drive.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--